Sunday, June 14, 2009

Blackadder


So I was wondering where to go next after Mum's the word and had heard about auditions for ' The Butler did it' at Richmond. I had known that Blackadder had already been cast for sometime so I auditioned and was told I did not fit the vision of the director, and that was okies but I was still sitting stale and getting increasingly nervous as to my next project. Carol (the director in Mum's the word) had been so kind to me, accepted my incessant phone calls as to where I should go and what I should do, offered me stage assistant in Black adder. I was elated and accepted immediately. I then received a phone call from Tracey offering me a role of Rita in 'The butler did it' due to recasting. I accepted the role and was traveling to my first rehearsal when I received another call from Carol. Due to some heart wrenching news from a fellow cast member (so many hugs her way) she needed to recast a role. With 3 weeks notice I was offered the role of young crone/old crone /witch in Blackadder. I was beside myself. was this really happening I went from nothing to insanity within a few days. I - of course - accepted straight away.

So we are now half way. We have done 4 shows at Riverside Theatre Parramatta. I am starting to become concerned. It has passed so fast. I don't want it to end. I have been swept up in the momentum of amazing actors and I adore everyone of them. Mum's the Word was a small cast of six, and there are about 12 to 15 people involved in this one. The costumes, the props, the sets, the wonderful people. Where do I go from here? How can I possibly move on? I can only hope that Carol's vision for future productions includes me...........

please comment.......xx

3 comments:

AGRo said...

Aww you are too kind and I'm confident Carol's vision would include you for the future given that you have done so well with Mum's The Word and made an excellent crone in Blackadder :-)

Hugs,
Baldrick

Leanne Cooper said...

awwww that's so sweet xxx hugs Balders xxx
Lea xx aka The Crone

Author Kelly Moran said...

well hey fb buddy.
i'm following you now. come follow me on the dark side. i mean, um, we're all nice over there. lol.
xo